Thursday, March 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Tommy, I Miss You


Tomorrow is my brother Tom's Birthday (and Richie's too - Happy Birthday Richie - Love Ya). Tommy would be 48 years old, but he's gone, and I miss him. But right before he left, he gave me the most amazing gardening advice, and my garden has not been the same since. Now it is so much more............more flowers, more vegetable, more love..............more everything. And its all thanks to him. He is gone now, but he has changed my life, and made me so happy. So I dedicate my garden to him, where he will live on and always have a special place.

This is what happened to me.................my brother Tom, who lived in Maine, came to visit me in California last August. I was complaining about how I have a terrible time starting seeds, they never germinate. He taught me a trick, I never imagined it would be so successful. He told me to start the seeds between wet paper towels and after they sprout plant them. So I tried, and oh my god, I had so many plants, I was giving them away! The seeds I was starting that day in August were Snow Pea's for my winter garden. On September 13, when I got the news of his death, I was quickly watering my garden before leaving for his funeral in Maine, when I noticed my Snow Peas had its first bloom! A most beautiful purple flower! That was a sign for me, Tom was alive, and he was in my garden. And there he shall always be............

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Thats beautiful hon.Seems like he taught you well looking at your posts now.He will be smiling at the amount you can grow from seeds..

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger anna maria said...

That was a beautiful story and I really enjoy your blog. I just discovered it tonight, May 7 2007, and read your 2 or 3 most recent entries. Then I decided to find the begining to discover why you call it Uncle Tom's Garden and what Uncle Tom's seed sprouting method is. So now I know.
I'll be reading more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home