Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Special Visitor Last Night





This may sound crazy, but this is what happened in our house last night................while we were sleeping, I was awakened by a loud crashing sound. It sounded like someone drop kicked the remote (is everyone familiar with that sound?). I wasn't getting up, just cursed that I would have to be ordering yet another remote control, turned over and went back to sleep. When I got up in the morning, Julia was asleep on the couch, and the remote was safetly lying next to her. Hum........I went into the kitchen and found Uncle Tom's photo and "The Maine Woods" book (see photo above) lying in the sink...........that's what went crash in the night! But they have been on that shelf above the sink since Christmas......why, all of a sudden, were they knocked over in the middle of the night - and on Tom's birthday?

I don't know what your thinking, but..............I'm certain I had a special visitor last night........and I'm happy to report that all is well with him;).

Thank you Tom.




Here is a photo taken today of Uncle Tom's Garden..............usually it is nothing but weeds at this time of year! All these flowers were started from seed last August, using Uncle Tom's amazing method of success. Thank you Uncle Tom!

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger hrallen said...

Keep up the work. You have great potential for this site. Visit my site @ www.hrallen.blogspot.com and vie my artistic displays.

hrallen

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

nice story.After my Nan passed away I stayed at her house.She came to us during the night too, but it was not scary.Her scent was everywhere as we sorted out the house.I got her fav pic.Bluebell filled woods and a cottage in the distance.I think she lived in a cottage in Pickering in north yorkshire.I found a paper clipping of a farmhouse cottage for soil.I took some succulents from Grandads garden as a living memorial.It was a small backyard with gnomes and an alpine garden with succulents,Its by my backdoor now in a reddish pot.Its cool you got seeds from Maine.Im reading your blog from March to now.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

It is great to have flower some seeds from my brothers garden. I can't wait till they bloom. The chickens almost got to them, but I intervened in time, and they are now protected with chicken wire until they get bigger. The chickens don't really eat (all) my plants, but they kick around the soil looking for bugs, and destroy young seedlings that way. Larger plants don't get destroyed at all. So I have to be careful to protect young seedlings from them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home