Monday, May 01, 2006

Community Supported Agriculture

is a small-farm marketing strategy and a community philosophy. When shareholders subscribe to the farm's harvest, they share in the bounty of its success while minimizing the financial impact of crop failure.


To find a farm in your area go to Local Harvest and search for a CSA using your zip code.

I was very surprised to find one close to my home, and I am very excited about being a share holder at Hidden Villa Farm in Los Altos Hills. I bought a small share at $500. This will get me a box of Organic Fresh Produce weekly (enough to feed 2 or 3 people), during their growing season which usually last 7 months, from May to Novemeber. It's a 20 minute drive from my home. Its much more environmentally friendly to eat locally grown food, then have it delivered from Mexico and beyond.

Its great to be able to support local Organic Farming.

Beautiful California Poppy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home