Monday, August 28, 2006

Cool Season - more sowing...

Beets and Scallions sown today Bed #8 was sown today, 1/2 with Golden Beets, and the other 1/2 with Deep Purple Bunching Onions.

Each of my 9 raised beds range in size from 21 square feet up to 32 square feet, for a total of about 235 square feet raised beds space. Not enough space to stock up and store, but just enough for something fresh daily year round.

Parsley
I direct sowed some parsley into bed #6 two weeks ago, and so far only some volunteer morning glory are coming up. I know parsley is slow to germinate, but I thought I'd sow a few extra in this pot/flat that could be transplanted around the yard later, just in case.


UPDATE SEPTEMBER 5

Parsley sown in bed #6 has finally germinated



UPDATE SEPTEMBER 29


Parsley seedling are ready to transplant into individual pots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home