Saturday, July 07, 2007

July Harvest

JULY 15

BasilI've started pinching off the basil. The more you pick, the more it grows! I've noticed that basil doesn't have to be sown in succession. The first man crop will keep producing until winter, if you keep pinching, preventing it from going to seed.

ChivesI started these from seeds in April. They are delicious in Potato Salad. Next year, I plan on starting many more plants from seed, spreading throughout my garden beds.

JULY 7TH

Garden Oasis CucumberExtra-sweet, burpless, uniquely smooth-skinned Beit alpha cucumber renowned for quality throughout the Mediterranean basin. High yields of glossy fruits with refreshing juicy-sweet flesh.

New Sun TomatoA bright yellow slicer with 8-16 ounce fruit, and a determinate habit. Disease resistant, flavorful and early.

Seed Saving Tip - As hard as it is not to pick and eat, this first tomato will be saved for next years seed, so I will leave it on the vine to over-ripen............being tempted everytime I pass - it is a beauty!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Marc said...

Yum - they both look great! Nice post. May I use a portion of it on Veggie Garden Info?

You can answer on the site or email me at Marc@gardendesk.com

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home