Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spring Flowers 2007

Lavender, Climbing Rose, and Roman Chamomile.

Pansy - edible volunteer from last years heirloom seedlings

This bed has Stock, Cornflowers, Borage, Calendulas and Thyme in Bloom in April

This bed has Calendula and Sage in bloom in April

These Sweet Pea's were started from seed in March


These Cornflowers were started from seed last fall and over wintered inthe garden and are starting to bloom in April

These trailing nasturtium are volunteers every year.

This Rose Geranium was planted last year from a 2" seedling purchased at a nursery. It is huge now. I will be propigating this next fall, and spreding throughout the garden next year.

I don't know where this rose came from, just showed up last year in bed and I transplanted it to this container.

May 22California Poppies are finally blooming in this bed.

6 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger anna maria said...

Your garden looks very colorful and healthy. All your blooming herbs are beautiful.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Hi Anna Maria - my garden really is low maintenance because it is so healthy. The most important thing is to improve the soil with compost. I have been doing it for over 10 years here. When I first started gardening here, I had pest problems, and would spend lots of money ordering ladybugs, etc every year, to control to pests, but I haven't had to do that in a few years now. Mixing flowers and herbs helps attract the good bugs. And I got rid of any perennial plants that had problems year after year, only kept the happy ones.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mel Mazz said...

Love your garden! Very beautiful and natural. Chicken coop is great too! Keep posting, the flowers are great.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Angel Wing Begonia said...

Your garden look so green & you're having such a green thumb.

I like the Budda sitting in the background of the Pansy flower picture.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Angel Wing Begonia said...

Your garden look so green & you're having such a green thumb.

I like the Budda sitting in the background of the Pansy flower picture.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Angel Wing Begonia said...

Your garden look so green & you're having such a green thumb.

I like the Budda sitting in the background of the Pansy flower picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home