Wednesday, January 17, 2007

2007 Seeds

The catalogs started coming in the mail, so I placed my orders (online) and have received my seeds. Its a good idea to order early, in the past I have been disappointed to learn they run out of some varieties if I wait to long.



Renees's Garden - Crimson Carmello, Pompeii, Black Krim, Persimmon and Costoluto tomatoes. Vanilla Berry, Cherries Jubilee and Creamsicle Nasturtium.

Bountiful Gardens - New Sun, Marmande Super, and Cherry Mix tomatoes. Dill and Basil.

Seeds of Change - Early Red Chief, Yellow Perfection tomatoes. Red Iceberg, New York Head, Bronze Arrow, Emerald Oak, Red Ridinghood, Barcarole, Butterking and Carmon Red lettuces.

I am modifying my garden this season, and limiting the variety of vegetables I will grow. Since being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis a few months ago, I have learned to modify my life so I can avoid being in pain all the time, and stop progression of the disease. I think if I just cut back a little, I can still enjoy spending time in the garden.

I decided to stick with tomatoes, herbs and lettuce. I thought these would require less daily maintenance. We'll see.

7 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Blackswamp_Girl said...

Sounds like a great list! Have you ever grown the Black Krim before? If you have, and have a few tips to share, I would appreciate it. I didn't have much luck with them the one time I tried them, but would like to try again. I admittedly started them too late and in a "bad tomato year" as I call the cooler summers.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger carletongardener said...

I enjoyed seeing the seeds you have ordered. I will take your advice to go ahead and place my order and not wait too long. I am in the process of deciding what to order. Its almost as much fun as gardening.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Matron said...

What a wonderful variety of tomatoes! I look forward to hearing how you get on with them. I tried Harlequin last year - they were the earliest by far.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Chef Jules said...

Greetings! I have tried both the Persimmon and Costoluto varieties of tomatoes. Very lovely. I am just now in the planning phases myself and gearing up for the season of sewing and growing.

Are you familiar with the SCD? It is a diet which you may find interesting, if only to acquire a few recipes for your low starch approach. I have no affiliation, but was recently helping to cook with and for a friend who must also modify her diet for health reasons.

Wonderful blog!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Chef Jules said...

I'm so sorry. I meant to leave you with the URL for SCD info. http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

It is fun ordering seeds! So many heirloom varieties to choose from. Recently, I have noticed my local nursery selling many heirloom tomato plants. They are really becoming popular!

chef jules - thanks for the tip. I have started making the 24 hour yogurt from SDC.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger chunxue said...

During the pandora online World War II, Art Deco jewellery was cheap pandora a very popular style among women. The females started pandora jewellery wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And pandora australia such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used pandora charms long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora charms sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead cheap pandora charms of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora charm today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora charms australia triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One pandora bracele example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home