Monday, October 02, 2006

Seed Storing for next year

I am storing my seeds that I saved on a shelf in my dining room, where the temperature is the most consistent and no direct sun light will hit them. In the years past, I have just forgotten about them, and left them outdoors in their paper bags, still hanging and thankfully protected from direct rain.....and they survived and germinated. But I decided to get organized.


After they are completely dry, you can put them in a mason jar or an envelope. Just be sure to label, with name and date.



The last of my seed saving this season, Uncle Tom's Black-Eye Susans.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

That is a fab idea for keeping seeds.I have a plastic tub with envelopes with this years seeds..

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Really enjoyed your blog...some really useful info here.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are so organized.
Lots of seeds! I know that takes a lot of work to harvest them but it sure is worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home