Saturday, April 28, 2007

Herbs 2007

Aloe Vera - this plant is starting to spread, yea!. Its fantastic on a sunburn, just split it open and rub directly on burn.

This dill seed was sown directly into this bed in April.

UPDATE: MAY 22The dill is filling in and seems quite happy.

Chives seeds were sown in a flat in April

CHIVES IN JULYI am so happy I was able to grow these from seed. I can't wait till next year, when I will start many more flats. I love chives. I make potato salad with only mayonaise, chives, salt and pepper. Simple and delicious. And I discovered I can eat it, without going into a flare!

Cilantro seeds were sown in this pot in April

May 22Should I transplant??

This lavender was propigated over the winter and has been transplanted into the garden and it growing quickly

This rosemary was propigated over the winter and has been transplanted into the garden and it growing quickly


This spearmint is left to spread throughout this area year after year

This in my favorite variety of Thyme

This Milk Thistle was a volunteer. They grow so huge, I usually only let one volunteer grow, the rest get pulled. This is a host plant for Monarch Butterflies.

These calendula were started from seed last fall, and overwintered in the garden

This sage was a volunteer last summer, and has grown to a beautiful specimen now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home