Friday, March 31, 2006

Orange you glad............

I am..............so glad I planted this orange tree in September 2002. I have yet to harvest an orange, but today for the first time......buds, and lots of buds! I remember hearing somewhere that it takes 18 months for an orange to fully ripen, we'll see............patience.



I paid about $20 for this tree, during the fall 1/2 off sale at Yamagami's Nursery. It's a dwarf Valencia. It sure has grown and looks happy, and now I am happy to finally see it will actually bear fruit one day soon, and we will be drinking home grown fresh squeezed organic orange juice.













Orange Blossom Update
April 18, 2006


It's so fragrant!



July 18, 2007 - The oranges picked this week are sooooo sweet and delicious! They really do take almost 18 months to develope their sweetness. I had picked a bunch in February, before a frost was expected, and they were sour and terrible, and went in the compost. I won't pick them that early again! The frost didn't damage what was left at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home