Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Collecting Seeds

Some of my annual herb plants have gone to seed are dry enough to start collecting. They would just self sow, but I want to collect some of the seeds and save them so I can do some successive plantings, when and where I want them.

I want to collect them when they are starting to turn brown, but before they all fall to the ground, and its too late to save.


Parsley seed heads ready to Collect




Cilantro seed heads ready to collect



Before storing them in a jar, I will let them hang dry in a paper bag for a few more weeks, some place where they are out of direct sun, and where they will stay dry.


At least I have more herbs on the way..........I'm learning!

Lemon Basil



Dill


Cilantro

5 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Stunned Donor said...

I'll be doing this in a couple weeks with my parsley, I have a 4x6 bed that I've let go to seed, right now the flowers are attracting thousands of insects from ants to gigantic black wasps and it is a sight to see,

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

do you actually hang the dried seed heads on the hook into the bag, or put them in the bag and hang that?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Steven

I haven't had parsley in what seems like months. I have to start some successive plantings with these seeds.

Snappy

I just fill the bag with the seed heads, and use a push pin to attach the bag to the pergola, where it stays dry and out of the sun.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger 高合金鋼 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger 高合金鋼 said...

立委補選國民黨再度失敗後援交日記,曾批評馬英九「一夜情援交比崇禎皇帝還不如」應召女的政論家南方朔與《經濟日報》總主筆馬凱、外送茶莊海基會前董事長洪奇昌、環球經濟評論援交社社長林建山聯名提出外送茶「四野人萬言書」,對馬英九及金溥聰的施政品質援交批得黃自懷的博客 黃自懷 新華網博客 ... 外送茶聆聽“刁民”諫言,按摩半套基層工作別有洞天 傳播小姐聽一位在川南山區某鎮鎮政府任職的朋友説,一夜情援交他們鎮最近召開了一次“別具特色”的台中援交“納諫”會,台北援交之所以説“別具特色”,是因為參會對象一夜情是全鎮曾經或喜歡上訪的外送茶人員援交

 

Post a Comment

<< Home