Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Awareness

Buddha reminds me to always be aware of whats happening in the garden. I have become very observant and thankful of all that goes on.



Lavender, Blueberry and Cherry are starting to blossom.























These 3 raised beds are closest to my kitchen door and are in part shade. It is a great place to grow salad year round.

In the winter I cover them with Remy cloth, and I also can use the beds as green houses to store my spring seedlings. The seedling get good air circulation, which they have always lacked on my green house kitchen window (so they suffered from dampening off). This year they got lots of rain, but have seemed to survive the weather so far.

I already have enough tomatoes, lettuce, calendula, stock, and dill that will be transplanted out this month. I need to get cucumbers, melons and squash going now, so I can plant them out next month.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

the Buddha is magnificent.My Dad passed away, and near the end he took buddhism on.I have all his buddahs from his flat, and have a collection of them.The big stone one like yours is at my sisters.I need to travel to kent to bring him back to yorkshire.Another memorial for my hillside garden.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I took a class called "Edible Landscaping". The difference between an edible landscape and a vegetable garden is the beauty and design feature you work in, to make it more attractive. I never considered that until after I took that class, it was very inspiring, and took my veggie garden to another level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home