Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rain, thunderstorms, some hail

that's whats happening in the San Francisco Bay Area........



If you can, stay indoors where its warm and dry and read a good book.

A quick note on my Garden Design - as you can see, I designed my raised beds on the diagional. I wanted my beds to run north to south because its easy to remember to plant the taller plants in the rear, so shorter plants don't end up in the shade. Ingenious! It works....and its quite pleasing to the eye! And it turns out, they point right towards our new Chicken Coop, leading your eye to our proudest new centerpiece. It's quite perfect. Now that we have chickens wobbling around, our yard is like a living piece of art.

Check out my Curly Willow Tree....I see some green growth. She's my air conditioning during the hot summers months. The air is always cool and fresh beneath her. We prune her heavily every year and top her off, so she doesn't cast too much shade in the garden. I use the branches for stakes and make trellis'.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger K said...

I absolutely LOVE your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your garden. I have a very similar garden that I have inherited in our new old house in the bay area. I would like to be deserving of it, so I learn all I can about taking care of it. I love Uncle Tom's germination method, and can't wait to try it. I just wish the rain would take a break, but you've given me the motivation to start thinking about seedlings and planting. ;-) Thanks!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

thanks k. It's a great time to start some beans using Uncle Tom's Method, so get started and good luck. Calendula is a great flower to start as well this way. You will be guaranteed success!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home