Friday, May 12, 2006

Super Size Flat

Always trying out new ideas........experimenting in the garden.........this is one of my salad beds, that I am not ready to add salad to for a few more weeks, so I decided to transplant some of my squash and flower seedlings into it. They were getting to big for their little flat, but not ready to be planted out in their permanent location for a few more weeks.


Strawberry almost ready to be picked (does this mean some critter will come along and eat it tonight?)




Finally got to staking and stringing my Yulon Gold Potato Bed today.



Daylillies are blooming

4 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Angela Pratt said...

Those hoop frames with netting look great! Is that pvc pipe?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

They are great, I have chickens and it keeps them out.

They are pvc pipe, and my husband put brackets to hold them in place inside the beds. We ran nails along outside the beds to catch the bird netting and keep it in place. You can also use reemay cloth over them in the winter. I keep that attached by cutting pieces of my black plastic drip tubbing, and slitting them open and place around the pvc pipe.

But you have a greenhouse, don't you?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I just looked at his photo and these beds you are refering to are done differently. They are not pvc, they are metal hoops I inherited from my sisters garden, and they are held up by sticking them into screws on top of the sides of the raised beds.

But we now do the pvc ones, on all are other beds. Its very inexpensive and available at home depot. I should have photos of those here somewhere.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Angela Pratt said...

Yes, I have a greenhouse, but I have a friend who constantly battles chickens and deer. I must show her your hoops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home