Friday, June 09, 2006

Fever-few


I love this plant. I planted a very small seedling in a 2" pot last fall, and now it is huge. I think I will try and save the seeds, so I can spread it around the garden. It is a medicanal herb used for migraines and arthritis. I was told you can just eat a leaf for relief. The taste is very bitter, and is almost like eating a christmas tree. The fragrance is very strong.

Roman Chamomile

This plant is just starting to bloom, and it smells so good you just want to eat it, or drink it, or wash you hair with it or something. I started it from a small seedling in a 2" pot last spring, and it is spreading like ground cover. And I love it, so thats OK.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger R said...

feverfew...is this plant invasive? i suffer from migraines and i would whlly enjoy the effect but have little space in my garden (theaccidentalgardener.blogspot.com)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

whats the plant name for fever few?I heard of it somewhere.I want to grow Chamomile so i can make some tea to help me sleep.Do you drink it?

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I dont' think feverfew/chrysanthemum parthenium is invasive, but I've only had it in my garden for 1 year. It has grown alot, but it seems to be compacted growth, rather then spreading all over. I just finished a novel (Atonement by Ian Mcewan), which took place in england, and the gardens were full of feverew and chamomile.

I love chamomile tea. I mix it with spearmint and a few other dried herbs for a sleepy time tea, but it doesn't really make me sleep. I can drink it all day. I think its relaxing and tastes good.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger davidvs said...

In western Oregon feverfew will self seed everywhere. The seedlings are very easy to recognize and pull well until they are several months old.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

david

Thanks for the info. So they are easy to transplant? I will keep on the lookout for them popping up. Do you have them everywhere now? So far they seem very low maintenance, healthy, and beautiful to have around the garden. Look forward to having it spread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home